Skip to content

Your Ideas for the Library

25 results found

1. Full access to turnitin.com to check for plagiarism even when it is not set up by faculty for a patricular paper.

Access to full version of turnitin.com.
    The particular paper I'm writing now is not set up by faculty to be checked, but I would like to run a check just the same. So far, online, I'm not having much luck with a free version.
    The last time I had access to turnitin through a class, I tried to submit a rough draft to make changes before my final submission, and it turned out to be my actual submission!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Collaboration floor

Make the third and/or fourthfloor open area a collaboration floor, and leave the (fourth and) fifth for more silent study. this will contain the noise for the people seeking silent study, and allow groups to collaborate without having to whisper

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Children's Section

The upstairs section for kids may be a little outdated and small. I realize that a lot of students do not have children, but a lot of us do. Every time I take my 7 and 10 year old daughters up there to look for books, we have to pass a "Weight Loss for Girls" book on the outside edge. They're confused why there isn't one for boys, and what does it mean, etc. It's well-meaning sexism, which is still sexism.
    There is a website that lists "Books for Mighty Girls" and we have purchased a few of them, when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Library of Congress

I'm not sure if it's already on here, (if it is, I can't find it), but is it possible to display the Library of Congress Classifications codes? How all of the subjects are organized by those letters? That would be helpful. I realized that looking up a specific book or during subject search in the catalog is more or less how it's done these days, but walking through library and browsing based by subject is also a nice way to search for sources.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Uptodate/sage research publications

If the library does not subscribe to Sage Research methods could they?
    http://www.sagepublications.com/

Also, can you subscribe to uptodate? It is the most useful, quick reference database for diseases and disease processes.

Thank you for considering.
    Kimberly Stalnaker RN, BSN (MSN 6 cohort student).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →

Your Ideas for the Library

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base