Skip to content

Your Ideas for the Library

25 results found

1. Reading Room: Can you stop planning events in the reading room?

We need a quite place to study, people talk at normal or higher volume in the regular part of the library, and it's just idle chit chat--there are girls right now for example that are talking about different kinds of shots of booze and shaving their buttholes. It's very interesting and super appropriate for the library.

I understand that it's a nice quiet place for you to hold events...but the student's needs should come first.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I think that there needs to be installed soundproofing material in the studyrooms.

It is very distracting when people are nearly partying in the study rooms. Many people tend to forget that there are still in the library and that students are hard at work. I personally have troubles thinking and developing ideas coherently when there are loud sounds, so it makes it very difficult to work in the library at times due to centrality of the study rooms and the occupants in them. Therefore the best solution would be to install soundproofing materials in the study rooms so there may be conversation in the study rooms but no distraction to students working…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Wall plug

More wall plug close to the table

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Library Computers

Bring back the computers that were placed in floors 4 and 5 for the primary use of looking up books. Now we have to go down to the 3rd floor to find the books we need, and that can get tiring coming up and down from those stairs. It was much more convenient when the computers were there with the csusm library catalog ready to go, with small pieces of paper and pencils to write down the call number

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Children's Section

The upstairs section for kids may be a little outdated and small. I realize that a lot of students do not have children, but a lot of us do. Every time I take my 7 and 10 year old daughters up there to look for books, we have to pass a "Weight Loss for Girls" book on the outside edge. They're confused why there isn't one for boys, and what does it mean, etc. It's well-meaning sexism, which is still sexism.
    There is a website that lists "Books for Mighty Girls" and we have purchased a few of them, when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Offer keyboard and desk cleaning wipes in the computer labs.

The keyboards and desks in the computer labs are in use all day and get dirty quickly. It would be nice if there was an option to wipe down your desk, especially when there is a bug going around.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Friday hours

Can the library remain open later on Fridays? Perhaps until 8 or 9?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to know if the Library would Consider having a living wall or plants

Around the campus, there are many areas with nice greenery and plants, but the interiors are so sterile. I think it would be nice to incorporate some sustainable living walls strategically located within classrooms and in general passing areas of other buildings, like the library. They would be nice to look at, probably improve the air quality within the buildings and classrooms. There are many studies that prove there is monetary value to increasing the number trees within urban developments, so there should be added benefits to bring it indoors. I imagine the air quality would improve, people's sense of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Collaboration floor

Make the third and/or fourthfloor open area a collaboration floor, and leave the (fourth and) fifth for more silent study. this will contain the noise for the people seeking silent study, and allow groups to collaborate without having to whisper

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. We need better technology in the study rooms!

We need more tv's for hookups in group study rooms

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Room Temperature is tooo low

Always feel cool in library. Bring another jacket still not works.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Open early at friday

It should open at the same time with the period from monday to Thursday.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Full access to turnitin.com to check for plagiarism even when it is not set up by faculty for a patricular paper.

Access to full version of turnitin.com.
    The particular paper I'm writing now is not set up by faculty to be checked, but I would like to run a check just the same. So far, online, I'm not having much luck with a free version.
    The last time I had access to turnitin through a class, I tried to submit a rough draft to make changes before my final submission, and it turned out to be my actual submission!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. A Coffee Vending Machine

If there can't be an entire snack area added, due to costs or what have you, I vote for a coffee vending machine like they have at airports (they also used to have them at Palomar College), or some sort of way students can purchase late-night coffee. Students end up needing coffee past when all the places on campus close, this includes myself. I often have night classes and end up studying late into the night, and the latest the coffee places are open is 7pm. This would be especially helpful for those of us who don't want to drink…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Opened Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving

The library should be opened on the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. Students have tests and assignments to get done for the week. There were five other students not including myself who needed to do work within the library and did not have anywhere else to study.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ask a Librarian 24 hour availability

I think that the "Ask a Librarian" is a great feature on the website. The only problem is that it has operational hours, just like the physical library. I think that it would be a great idea to have a subscription to this feature that makes it available 24/7, especially during midterms and finals weeks. I find it interesting that a community college has access to "Ask a Librarian" 24 hours a day, and can connect with a librarian anywhere in the country but, that a state university, where the research papers and writing assignments are supposed to be much…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Media Library Catalog

Is it possible to develop a better way to search for items in the Media Library?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Library of Congress

I'm not sure if it's already on here, (if it is, I can't find it), but is it possible to display the Library of Congress Classifications codes? How all of the subjects are organized by those letters? That would be helpful. I realized that looking up a specific book or during subject search in the catalog is more or less how it's done these days, but walking through library and browsing based by subject is also a nice way to search for sources.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Quiet Areas in the Library

It's never been terribly clear to me where I can find a quiet area in the library, and it seems that different people have different ideas on where they need to be quiet and where they are allowed to discuss and collaborate with a group. I would think that where there are individual study carrels there would be an associated quietness, and where there are longer group tables it's okay to talk regularly, and at a normal volume. But there are locations in the library where the two different types of tables are right next to each other. Is it…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. add a link to the Library home page called 'Librarians', so we can easily find a list of librarians with photos and short bios,

add a link to the Library home page called 'Librarians', so we can easily find a list of librarians with photos, short bios, and description of which departments/colleges they support on campus as well as what other roles they have in the Library, Vivienne Bennett, Liberal Studies

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1

Your Ideas for the Library

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base